With a taste as sweet as candy, this melon will appeal to many consumers that have been disappointed by traditional melons.
SV7484MA offers a winning combination as it is easy to grow and harvest, and results in a unique end-product. This new semi-rough amarillo variety with orange flesh and a glossy golden skin that makes the product a stand out amongst its competitors. This variety has a distinct picking indicator, where the skin changes from yellow-green to a bright yellow which makes it easy to harvest. The flesh has a crispy texture and excellent taste, making it a great fit for fresh consumption and the cut and convenience market due to colour and firmness.
• Uniform fruit size and shape
• High sugar content throughout the season
• Good total yield
• Strong plant and fruit cover
• Crispy flesh texture with excellent taste
• Early sugar development and skin colour mean fruit can be harvested earlier than full maturity.
• Reduced packing costs
• Innovative product that stands out on the supermarket shelf
• Higher marketable fruit
• Better consumer experience when it comes to taste,
appearance, flavour and sweetness
• Labour cost manipulation/avoid poor weather/hit high markets.
Vine Vigour: Medium to high
Fruit size: 1.7 – 1.8kg
External fruit colour: Yellow
Internal fruit colour: Orange
HR Fom 0,1/Ag/MNSV